Hotwire Communications, founded in 2000, specializes in providing advanced video solutions, high speed internet, digital phone service and other IP related products and services over its private Metro Ethernet Fiber Backbone. Hotwire’s operating divisions focus on delivering its suite of advanced communications products to unique market segments to meet the needs of a specific industry.
Purpose Statement: Develop, validate and approve DAS designs by working with stakeholders on system objectives and performance requirements. Ensure systems are successfully tested and turned up for service while meeting appropriate KPIs.
- Create iBWave designs as required for new systems as well as modifications or redesigns. Be able to use tool to its fullest to ensure that designs meet customer criteria, are physically feasible and cost effective.
- Such items are but not limited to:
- Create/manage documentation to be used for budgeting, customer proposals, contractor scope definition and construction, equipment/material ordering, design records and additional engineering.
- Assist or drive the DAS design criteria.
- Validate coverage and performance requirements. May require pre and post field visits and benchmark testing.
- Antenna selection and placement as well as associate cabling type, lengths (coax, fiber, hybrid cable, copper, Ethernet, etc.) as required.
- DAS OEM equipment and passive component selection in order to best meet performance requirements and cost objectives.
- RF link budgets, design compliance reports, power sharing plan.
- Heat maps (coverage, best server, SINR , etc)
- Complete wiring diagrams, riser diagrams, BOMs, etc
- Head-end equipment rack layout, cabling, planning to ensure future growth is built into the design as well as remote amplifier location layout/cabling.
- Work with stakeholders on power AC/DC power requirements as it relates to equipment selection.
- Support site survey requests to collect all required data to help guide system design decisions and modifications such as RF macro environment data collection and DAS CW testing, etc.
- Use and manage appropriate prediction tools and maintain user certification as appropriate in order to provide best quality design validation.
- Maintain design library to ensure all teams have access to latest and most accurate version for given project.
- Provide support to construction teams with physical deployment plans as it relates to DAS design (ie. cable run lengths, antenna mounting to maximize propagation, remote mounting, equipment BTU cooling and power requirements).
- Ensure project manager and purchasing personnel have correct/latest design information in order to order material in a timely manner to assist project manager project goals.
- Provide required design information in a timely manner in order meet deadlines during entire lifecycle design through deployment.
- Perform full system commissioning, final testing and turn up activities and address performance issues if needed.
- Serve as RF point of contact when required in order to support Hotwire PMs and Wireless Operator RF engineers.
- Document carrier level testing, system acceptance and sign off.
Qualifications Including Educational, Work History or Certifications:
- Bachelors in Engineering or related field
- 5-7 years RF engineering and/or DAS design experience
- iBWave or similar certified user
- Knowledge of carrier equipment and RF impact on DAS designs as well as interference issues
- Knowledge of Wireless operator technologies
- Knowledge of Wireless operator frequencies
- Understanding of or experience with data collection tools (ie. TEMS).
- Understanding of or experience with spectrum analyzer, as well as PIM, Sweep VSWR/RL fiber testing to ensure systems are deployed in a manner with best performance in mind.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates primarily in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the responsibilities of the job, these work environment characteristics are representative of the environment the job holder will encounter. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hotwire Communications is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or Veteran status.
Hotwire Communications does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Hotwire Communications and Hotwire Communications will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
*Sponsorship is not available for this position