||Senior Escalation Technician
||Fision Home / Hotwire Communications
||Field Service Operations
||Tue Jul 25th, 2017
- Senior Escalation Technician is the most senior level technician with advanced technical skills. With strong knowledge of IPTV/VOIP, CAT 5/6, Networking, Wireless and fiber troubleshooting. The SE Technician identifies, evaluates and resolves residential and commercial service affecting issues from the OLT to on premise devices. The SE Technician is the point person within the technician level to perform advanced troubleshooting to ensure ‘white glove” service is delivered effectively.
- Perform Troubleshooting, Analysis and takes Corrective Actions on complex service affecting issues originating from the OLT through to all connected devices.
- Provides leadership and mentoring to lower level technicians and utilizes previous technical issue identification to develop processes and training to reduce re-occurrence.
- Demonstrates Proficiency and Complete Understanding of FTTH systems and all related home components delivering Video, Data, Voice and Security Services as well as residential Wi-Fi and home networking.
- Demonstrates proficiency of fiber optic and IP delivery theory.
- Demonstrates proficiency of cable system operations, modern telecom video, voice, security, monitoring and data products and services.
- Demonstrates proficiency of different cables, optical fibers, and cabling techniques.
- Demonstrates proficiency of optical fiber construction.
- Demonstrates proficiency of technical mathematic concepts,
- Demonstrates proficiency of computer hardware, software and the Internet and the ability to troubleshoot and resolve related service failures.
- Working knowledge of IP, RF and optical test equipment and analyzers.
- Demonstrates proficiency when using test equipment, with signal meters, butt-sets, power meter and power source light, and other typical tools and test equipment.
- Ability to read general system layouts from as-built maps.
- Compliant with safety procedures and requirements.
- Advocate of the white-glove company mantra, and exhibits up beat professional, positive attitude with customers, and property staff.
- Completes all other tasks and responsibilities, which may be reasonably required by supervisor including those job requirements associated with Tech Level 1-5.
Qualifications Including Educational, Work History or Certifications:
- An Associate of Arts degree in computer science or completion of a certificate program that is equivalent to the major course work for an Associate of Arts degree in computer science may be substituted for SCTE, BICSI RRCD Layer 1 Certification.
Endorsed Professional Certifications:
- SCTE- BCSS & BTS
- BICSI- DCDC
- CISCO – CCENT, CCT, CCNA (Preferred)
- Visual acuity required. Heights. Confined spaces. Ladder handling.
- Inside & outside. Subject to heat.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hotwire Communications is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or Veteran status.
Hotwire Communications does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Hotwire Communications and Hotwire Communications will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
*Sponsorship is not available for this pos
If interested in this or any of the open positions, please email your resume
and cover letter to email@example.com