||Operational Service Technician
||Fision Home / Hotwire Communications
||Field Service Operations
||Tue Apr 12th, 2016
The Operations Service Technician is responsible for quality installation practices including upgrades, disconnects and troubleshooting of all existing Hotwire services including IP and RF based video, voice and internet.
- Fiber optic troubleshooting with 1310, 1490 and 1550 nm wavelengths.
- IP and LAN troubleshooting and solution methodologies
- Router, Access point, Bridge and Wi-Fi administration
- Performs reconnects, requested and non-pay disconnects, and changes of service, while adhering to: Hotwire Communications procedures and safe work practices in order to provide (or remove) services to the customer
- Must have minimum of 5 years’ experience installing, testing and troubleshooting cable, phone and internet
- Must have Fiber Optic Cabling experience
- Must be proficient using small hand tools and larger power tools.
- Must be comfortable working on a ladder and all heights.
- Ability to install all types of CAT5/CAT6 drop wire
- Ability to install connectors on CAT5/CAT6 drop wire
- Ability to trouble shoot IP issues from any telecommunications demark to customer premise equipment
- Ability to successfully install all ancillary equipment provided to subscribers
- Ability to identify Fiber Connectors and color code
- Ability to configure, customers PC for successful internet operation
- Ability to test and tone all drop wires from equipment room to end user location
- Must have valid driver’s license and transportation
- Must be able to work with or without direct supervision.
- Ability to work an On-Call Schedule rotation
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associates Degree in Internet Technologies or Engineering is preferred.
- Cisco Certifications, CCT or CCENT entry level certificates.
- Microsoft Certifications, MCSA for Office.
- Applicant must be able to lift 50 pounds and operate efficiently and effectively in customer attic and crawl spaces
- You must works within manufacturer’s rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts
- While performing the responsibilities of the job, the employee is required to talk and hear
- The employee is often required to sit and use their hands and fingers, to handle or feel
- The employee is required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl sometimes in tight spaces
- Vision ability: close vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus and able to manipulate objects such as pens, keyboard and mouse
- This list is may not be all the responsibilities associated with the job description
- Must be able to work in confined spaces such as crawl space or attics
** Relocation not offered for this position to external candidates**
*The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
Hotwire Communications is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or Veteran status.
Hotwire Communications does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Hotwire Communications and Hotwire Communications will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.
*Sponsorship is not available for this position
If interested in this or any of the open positions, please email your resume
and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org